Children’s and Young People’s Ministry: St Peter’s Church Crabbs Cross
At the National Assembly Forward in Faith, Fr Mark Gilbert of Chichester diocese encouraged all parishes to take their young people to Walsingham as a way of introducing them and confirming them in the Faith. Walsingham offers the Youth Pilgrimage, mentioned on this website and the Children’s Pilgrimage-a weekend in Lent- as the two major offerings by the Shrine in young people’s work. There are others, working with the Year4God team. Look up the opportunities for parishes and schools. www.walsinghamanglican.co.uk
The children’s and Young People’s ministry exists to help those in our care know God and grow to become like His Son, Jesus Christ.
To accomplish our purpose we seek…
1. To instil in children’s minds the Word of God, so they will grow to think the way God thinks and live the way God has commanded.
2. To establish in children habits of godly living and a routine of daily prayer.
3. To create a Christian Community of children and adults who enjoy life together as a family and who are committed to Jesus Christ and to each other.
4. To help children follow a sacramental life.
5. To help children trust Christ as Saviour, and to live as Christian’s at home, at school, at play or wherever they are.
6. To make each child’s experience at church safe, fun and profitable in the process of growing to become everything God has planned.
Confirmation photo with Bishop Jonathan Goodall on 17th November 2013. Matthew and Brodie our newly confirmed members of St Peter’s.
Young people at age 13/14 can, after following a course taught by Fr. Mike, be confirmed. Again a glorious occasion with the Bishop presiding . Once confirmed they will attend the Sunday Mass in church although some enjoy helping with the younger group sometimes. On a number of Sunday afternoons through the year special services for this age group are held. They may take the form of a youth Mass, a Taizé singing session, bible study and may be followed by a BBQ or indoor food share and social time.
We hope this gives you some idea of how committed we are to our children and young people who are indeed the future of our world and our church. We are always looking for new members, new ideas and a fresh and lively way to share our faith and joy in Christ and his church.
PLEASE COME AND GIVE US A TRY!!!